The top ten trends for the 2019 prom dresses
From one shoulder to lycra, we’ve got you covered!
As one exciting and busy prom season ends the Dress2party team are gearing up to get a head start on Prom 2019 and after having returned from a buying trip in Atlanta we’re here to help our 2019 prom customers get a head start on the latest must-have prom trends, and find amazing prom dresses from our collection.
So here are the top ten things to look out for in SS19:
1. This year it’s all about the beautiful glitter fabric. From Bardot mermaid styles in electric silver, gold and pink by Sherri Hill to dramatic plunge front scuba jerseys in ivory and silver by Jovani, we’ll be sparkling our way into 2019. The sparkly glitter fabric is perfect for someone who wants to stand out and make a statement!
2. It’s all about the rose gold. You’ve seen it dominate jewellery, makeup and even hair trends in recent years, but make room for rose gold on the catwalk this Spring summer. Think divine jewelled and frothy net creations in prettiest and softest tone of rose gold. Sherri Hill have concocted the perfect combination, a bit of pink, a bit of gold. What’s not to like?
3. It’s all about the one shoulder at Sherri Hill 2019. For the first time in recent years the one shoulder is taking centre stage! So ladies, start working on toning those shoulders for this very striking and flattering silhouette. This year the one shoulder is featured in ball gowns, mermaids and satins so make your way down to your nearest Dress2party store and take your pick!
4. It’s all about Satin and Lycra. A huge favourite for the last two years satin is still going strong. The much coveted lace up back in ruby and royal will be making a comeback for the third season in a row. So if you missed your chance this year we will be restocking these popular styles shortly! Hot of the press and new in for 2019 is the amazing Lycra fabric which looks amazing in a one shoulder mermaid and other tight fitting super flattering styles.
5. It’s all about red, red and more red. Was it ever not? We can always count on a classic red dress as our go to style. This year, think bright Scarlett and ruby in satin, lycra and jersey. Following hot on the heels of red this year is shades of yellow and lilac. Neither are easy colours to wear, but paired with the
perfect accessories and light mist of a spray tan this look is destined to be a winner.
6. It’s all about the ball gowns yet again this year and we can’t wait! Last year saw the rebirth of the ballgowns and it proved to be such a popular style amongst our customers. This year the ballgowns are set to be HUGE! Think glitter fabrics and cute diamanté pockets in various shades of red , navy, blush and floral prints!
7. This spring summer It’s all about the lace up back. It doesn’t matter if you want fitted or floaty, once the new collection drops you will want a lace up back. Featured in everything from ballgowns to chiffon’s and bardot jerseys , the lace up back is another highlight of the 2019 collection.
8. It’s all about metallic lace. Following on from last years shiny shades of silver and gold, metallic lace is the one to watch. Now made inn navy, burgundy and a particularly striking shade of rose gold, this popular fabric comes in mermaid styles and ballgowns. We adore.
9. It’s all about the high low. Following on from one of our most popular styles of SS18 the high low is back and better than ever! This years versions of the high lows comes in a ballgown shape and gorgeous warm satin pastel tones and a striking shade of ruby. The ideal style for those who can’t decide if they want to go long or short. Think Lily James at the Mamma Mia 2 premiere (as pictured below)
10. It’s all about the florals. Floral styles have been on our radar for a couple of seasons now and it looks like they aren’t going anywhere! Still a hot contender for 2019 the floral print dresses will be a main feature of our SS19 collection. From pretty pastel yellow , to striking black and red , the versatile Sherri Hill 2019 Prom Dress Collection has something for everyone!